In this Financial Journalism programme from City, University of London you will develop skills as a multimedia journalist by telling stories about business, finance and the economy.
We aim to give you the professional skills and knowledge needed to work in fast-paced multimedia newsrooms around the world. Through funded study trips to China and New York you will get to grips with global economics and stock markets such as the Hang Seng Index and Wall Street.
Our Financial Journalism MA graduates are highly sought after by some of the best-known news organisations in the UK and beyond.
You will graduate with the ability to undertake in-depth research, find stories and produce extensive reports on major financial bodies across the world.
Three quarters of our graduates stay to work in London, while others relocate to financial centres like New York, Hong Kong, Mumbai, and Singapore.
Recent graduate destinations include:
- The Financial Times
- The Telegraph business desk
- Dow Jones and the Wall Street Journal
- Google News and Business Insider Fellowships
- Journalism Portfolio
- Editorial Production
- Journalism Ethics
- Final Project.
- 10 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFinance Journalism View 147 other Masters in Journalism in United Kingdom
- Applicants should hold an upper second class honours degree or the equivalent from an international institution. Consideration will also be given to mature applicants with substantial work experience in radio and/or television journalism.
- You should hold an upper second class honours degree or the equivalent from an international institution. Applicants that are below an upper second class degree can still apply. You may be asked to attend an interview before admission to the programme. For overseas students, this will normally be done by telephone or Skype.
- Rolling Admissions: students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to the course. This is a small course and places can fill up quickly. There is a rolling admission policy and students will normally be given a decision within four weeks of application. Interviews, either in person or by telephone, may be required.
International22733 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22733 GBP per year during 10 months.
National11361 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11361 GBP per year during 10 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.