You build on that core knowledge with a term where you tailor the course to your own subject preferences.
You can choose to specialise in either finance or corporate finance, or to remain broad to acquire an all-round, post-graduate qualification in finance.
Flexibility is built into the MSc Finance programme at City, University of London - Cass Business School through a comprehensive choice of electives including a number of optional overseas electives in locations such as New York, Singapore & Dubai.
What will you learn
On the master's in Finance postgraduate degree you will:
- Acquire a comprehensive grasp of the principles and applications of finance
- Develop your range of technical and conceptual skills
- Gain broad experience of quantitative techniques
- Develop your understanding of a wide range of financial issues across all industry sectors
- Network with your peers and senior finance industry professionals in the City of London
- Gain a highly valuable international, multicultural perspective
- Acquire a flexible qualification suitable for a wide range of roles in global finance.
Graduates from the MSc in Finance programme secure positions in companies including:
- Business Analyst – Global Services – State Street
- Financial Analyst – Payments - Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Associate – Financial Advisory Services – Deloitte
- Product & Sales Management Analyst - Private Banking Middle East – Credit Suisse
- Finance Placement Analyst – Finance – Goldman Sachs
- Trainee Analyst - Private Equity Buyout – Ardian
- Graduate Analyst - Customer Banking Solution – Barclays
- M&A Intern – Corporate Finance – ING Bank
- Asset Management Tax intern – Asset Management – KPMG.
- CFA Programme Partner
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Corporate Finance and Valuation
- Financial Reporting
- Research Methods for Finance Professionals
- Statistics in Finance
- Theory of Finance
- Asset Management
- Derivatives and Risk Management
- Advanced Corporate Finance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Finance View 520 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A UK upper second class degree or above, or the equivalent from an overseas institution.
- Some level of previous study or evidence of skills in finance or quantitative methods is essential.
- GMAT: Highly recommended. A well-balanced score in the range of 600-800 will significantly strengthen your application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International30000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30000 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA30000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.