This degree in Corporate Finance is designed for ambitious students with interest in the area of corporate finance and strong quantitative background.
You aim to work as a finance professional for an investment bank, a consulting firm, or an international firm. You are interested in questions such as:
- How do hedge funds and investment banks compete in the market?
- How do fintech companies challenge the traditional banking system?
- How to value a company for a private equity buyout, an acquisition or an IPO?
- How do managers choose which new projects to launch and which to abandon?
- What is the optimal amount of loans a company should take?
Graduates from the MSc in Corporate Finance programme at City, University of London - Cass Business School move into a diverse range of financial careers including:
- Corporate finance departments at global, international and family firms (e.g. Coca Cola, Unilever, Sinopec, Tata Motors, China Mobile, Ford, SAIC Motor, Marks and Spencer, BP)
- Investment banking and commercial banking (e.g. JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Barclays, RBS, China Construction Bank, China Development Bank)
- Management consultancy (e.g. Accenture, IBM, McKinsey)
- Securities sales and trading desks at major finance firms, foreign exchange desks, hedge funds, private banking, asset management, credit products, financial and credit risk management consultancy.
- Corporate Finance and Valuation
- Financial Reporting
- Research Methods for Finance Professionals
- Statistics in Finance
- Theory of Finance
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Corporate Risk Management
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Topics in Mergers and Acquisitions
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance View 440 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
A UK upper second class degree or above, or the equivalent from an overseas institution.
- Some level of previous study or evidence of skills in finance or quantitative methods is essential.
- GMAT: Highly recommended. A well-balanced score in the range of 600-800 will significantly strengthen your application
International29500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA29500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Fees in each subsequent year of study (where applicable) will be subject to an annual increase of 2%.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.