Why to study
Public Health Nutrition (MPHN) offered by University of Eastern Finland focuses on the promotion of good health and the maintenance of well-being through nutrition among the whole population. The prevention of dietary-related illnesses is also emphasised.
You will learn in the courses eg. about how nutrition promotes well-being in different life stages, how nutrition affects the risk of chronic diseases, how to plan public health nutrition interventions and how food and nutrition policies affect food environment and consumption.
The aim of the Public Health Nutrition (MPHN) track offered by University of Eastern Finland is to give expertise to work on public health nutrition related research, development and projects. Feasible employers include administrative bodies, organizations, industry, schools and research institutions.
The public health nutrition track consist of course work of 20 ECTS and a related Master's thesis.
- Nutrition in Life Cycle
- Public Health Nutrition
- Food and Nutrition Policy
- Food and Culture
- Nutritional Epidemiology
- European Food and Nutrition
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nutrition & Dietetics View 3 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in Finland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You are required to submit the following educational documents for the degree that you use as a basis for eligibility:
- The scanned copy of the original degree certificate (in the original language) and an English, Finnish or Swedish translation of the degree certificate
- The scanned copy of the original transcript of records (in the original language) and an English, Finnish or Swedish translation of the transcript of records.
- If the degree you use as a basis for eligibility to Master’s degree studies consists of studies completed at multiple institutions, for example a Higher National Diploma (HND) and a one-year Bachelor’s degree, you must submit educational documents that cover all your studies.
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Kuopio
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.