Why study this course?
The Conference Interpreting course from London Metropolitan University offers a wide range of language combinations paired with English: French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish. Further language combinations with English, such as Arabic, may also be available, subject to demand, staff expertise and availability of learning resources. Languages offered include Mandarin, French, English, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian and Spanish. You'll benefit from work placements, site visits and dummy booth practice at the European Commission, the Court of Justice of the European Union and United Nations (Geneva and Vienna). Our state-of-the-art interpreting suite is equipped with digital facilities for interpreting practice, virtual classes and web streaming.
After the course
Students who complete the course automatically fulfil the requirement to access the EU/UN interpreting accreditation test to work as conference interpreters. Graduates can continue to come to London Metropolitan University to practise conference interpreting thanks to our short courses and events (CPD).
Graduates are also fully qualified to work as conference interpreters on the private market in the UK and abroad, and to continue onto further study with a PhD.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Conference Interpreting (EU/UN Context)
- Conference Interpreting
- Interpreting Theory and Research for Interpreters
- The Interpreter's Professional Environment
- The Interpreter's Skills and Tools
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are advised to apply as early as possible as applications will only be considered if there are places available on the course.
DisciplinesTranslation & Interpreting View 94 other Masters in Translation & Interpreting in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You will be required to have:
- a first degree with a 2.1 (or a 2.2 with professional experience in interpreting) (applications from candidates with substantial experience as a professional interpreter but no degree will be considered)
- Certificate and Diploma level English and one other language / MA level English and one or two other languages
- near-native proficiency in your first foreign language (language B) and/or a good command of their second foreign language (language C)
International14200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14200 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK/EU: £1,215 per 20 credits
- International: £1,580 per 20 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.