As a student in this Ancient Israel Studies program of Tel Aviv University, you will study with world-renowned archaeological scholars, while you gain academic knowledge, practical experience, and ancient language skills.
Each of our excavations is led by our faculty, where you are working with up-to-date, modern, scientific tools in the area's archaeological and historical studies.
Coming from a variety of backgrounds, our alumni often choose to stay in the field of Archaeology, carving out successful and satisfying careers at research institutions and organizations both in Israel and abroad such as: The Israel Antiquities Authority, the Nature and Parks Authority, the Society for the Protection of Nature, the Israel Existing Foundation (KKL)*. Additional roles include:
- Museum curation
- Consultation for cultural resource and heritage firms
- Teaching and management roles
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Field Archaeology: Theory and Method
- The archaeology and history of the land of Israel throughout the periods: Late Bronze Age and Early Iron Age I
- The archaeology and history of the land of Israel throughout the periods: Iron Age I-II
- The archaeology and history of the land of Israel throughout the periods: Iron Age II- Persian Period
- The archaeology and history of the land of Israel throughout the periods: Late Persian and Hellenistic Periods
- The Archaeology of Animal Bones
- The History of the Ancient Near East
- The Intermediate Bronze Age in the Southern Levant
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Archaeology Religious Studies & Theology View 3 other Masters in Archaeology in Israel
- Official BA transcript is mandatory + official transcripts for any transferred credits (if relevant). Please send the original document. Not a copy or a scan.
- Additional diplomas and transcripts are optional. Please note: Transcripts must be submitted in their original language (for example German, Chinese etc.) and in English. Transcripts in English must be official from the university itself
- Diploma (for applicants who finished their BA before 2016)
- Two letters of recommendations
- Health declaration form
- Passport size photo on a blue/white background (for a student's ID card)
- Personal statement/ essay
- Confirmation of having paid the application fee of 150 USD
International10500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 USD per year during 12 months.
National10500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 USD per year during 12 months.
This fixed fee covers two years (Year One: course work and Year Two: thesis track), and the mandatory fieldwork excavation (4 weeks at the end of Year One).
Living costs for Tel Aviv Yaffo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.