The Global Politics course offered by Durham University will provide the means for you to develop the analytical and conceptual skills necessary to understand and discuss:
- The key international and transnational structures, organisations and institutions that have developed in the era following the Second World War
- The range of the academic debates in the area of global governance
- Policy developments and innovations in the fields of economics, security, and environment
- The moral justification for different and sometimes competing regimes of global governance.
You will also benefit from the wide range of academic resources within the School of Government and International Affairs, the Law School, the Department of Geography, and Durham University Business School, making the MSc Global Politics a truly unique interdisciplinary course.
Our students go on to a wide range of successful careers including civil service and other government agencies, UN/INGOs/CSOs, journalism, media, teaching, law, banking and finance, diplomatic services and risk analysis.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Theoretical Approaches to Global Governance
- Global Governance Institutions
- Theories of Global Justice
- Ethical Aspects of Global Governance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science View 429 other Masters in International Relations in United Kingdom
- UK 2.1 Bachelor degree, or equivalent. The degree should be in the field of social sciences, but we will actively consider significant relevant experience in lieu of this requirement.
- Two satisfactory academic references. In cases of applicants who have significant relevant experience, one work-related reference and one academic reference would be considered appropriate.
International21000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.