Study at UEA Law School and you will be joining a School that excels in its dedication to offer intellectually diverse, varied and stimulating postgraduate courses, supported by a wide ranging selection of subjects or modules taught by leading experts. The School is based in Earlham Hall, a building of significant historical importance, built in 1642 but recently refurbished, where most of the postgraduate LLM teaching takes place - it will therefore be your home for your period of study.
Each year we welcome around 100 postgraduate students from a wide variety of geographical and personal backgrounds, and it is the vibrant and dynamic community they create that completes the student experience.
We place significant emphasis on choice, building your confidence, maximising your employability and developing adaptable transferable skills. We believe small group teaching at postgraduate level is important and we aim to keep class sizes low, offering you an unparalleled personal teaching environment with access to our team of international specialists drawn from academia and practice.
We also believe practical and careers experience is extremely valuable and we’ve developed a programme of opportunities tailored specifically to the needs of our postgraduate students, including placement opportunities for both UK and overseas students. During the International Trade Law course from the University of East Anglia , you can apply for one of 50 internship placements. You can also attend careers panels, commercial awareness workshops, mock job interviews, our annual Law Careers Fair and many other events organised by the UEA Law School and the Careers Service.
Law Masters (LLM) degrees are increasingly seen by employers as a means to distinguish applicants. Our graduates have progressed to a wide variety of successful careers, from private practice to government legal departments and international organisations, from universities to industry and commerce.
- International legal practice
- Thai Judiciary (via the accelerated pathway)
- Other law related careers (NGOs, international organisations, in-house compliance, legal researchers, police)
- Public sector (Civil Service Fast Stream, prosecutors, local government, politics, education)
- Financial services (tax, banking, insurance, investment, accountancy)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of International Commercial Law
- Postgraduate Legal Skills
- Carriage of Goods by Sea and Marine Insurance
- Comparative International Sales Law
- International Commercial Arbitration
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Law Business Law Commerce View 74 other Masters in Commerce in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Degree Subject Law or cognate degree
- Degree Classification Good 2.2 pass or international equivalent
- Applicants should normally have a good undergraduate degree in Law, or, exceptionally, in a related subject from a recognised higher education institution in the UK or overseas.
- The Law School will also take into account the employment experience of applicants where relevant and encourages applications from those wishing to return to academic study to further their knowledge, or those planning to study for a degree while remaining in full-time employment.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8900 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Norwich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.