Despite uncertainties related to the Covid-19 crisis, Roskilde University is committed and prepared to deliver high quality education on campus as well as online if needed.
Social entrepreneurs create social innovation with a view to solving societal problems and develop social value across traditional sectors and professions. The Master in Social Entrepreneurship and Management at Roskilde Universityis inter-disciplinary and draws upon areas such as sociology, organizational leadership and governance as well as research in social innovation, social enterprise, CSR and social accounting. You learn a wide-range of theories, concepts and practices within the following fields:
- Social transformation, social entrepreneurship and social enterprise
- Social innovation, social change, sustainable transition and accounting
- Leadership and management in social enterprise, business models and social entrepreneurship in practice
You will gain skills for initiating, analyzing and managing social innovation and change processes. By exploring leadership and management processes in complex, multi-dimensional organisations, the programme aims to prepare academically-oriented practitioners for the reality of running, shaping and transforming the next generation of social enterprises and innovation-led organisations.
Graduates will typically be required to work as entrepreneurs and managers within social innovation and as change agents and process facilitators in private, public and social enterprises, third sector organisations, as well as in national and international organisations and NGOs. Some graduates start their own social enterprises.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theory and cases of social enterprise in the context of social transformation
- Social innovation, social change and sustainable transition
- Management and leadership of social entrepreneurship in a multi-stakeholder context
- Financial Accounting
- Business understanding and doing social entrepreneurship
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- January 15 – if you are a non-EU/EEA citizen that is required to pay tuition fees
- March 1 – if you are a non-EU/EEA citizen that is not required to pay tuition fees
DisciplinesSociology Entrepreneurship Management, Organisation & Leadership View 9 other Masters in Sociology in Denmark
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor's degree equivalent to a Danish bachelor's degree.
- You must have completed a bachelor’s degree relevant for the specific master’s programme. The Admissions Office will assess if the academic content of your educational background gives you the necessary qualifications required for admission to a specific master’s programme. This is based on an individual, academic assessment.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4350 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.