In addition to theoretical depth, there is a strong practical aspect in the programme, providing communication competencies required in the multicultural, networked world. The programme prepares students for careers involving significant intercultural contacts in companies, public organizations, and non-governmental organizations. The students will be also qualified for research-intensive employment. The Master’s Programme in Language, Globalization and Intercultural Communication is offered at the University of Jyväskylä .
The megatrends of globalization and growing importance of communication and collaboration in working life as well as private spheres mean that there will continue to be a demand for experts looking into issues of language, globalization and intercultural communication.
Possible career opportunities include, for instance
- language and communication teaching and consulting in professional, community, educational institutions and businesses
- specialist in international affairs, communication advisor, business manager, content manager, and specialist in global mobility
- working with NGO’s, policy and planning for immigrant/refugee governmental institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The dynamics of language and social interaction in multicultural and multilingual settings
- The impact of globalization, migration and multilingualism on societies and organizations
- Communication in online and mediated environments
- Language and communication education
- Discourse studies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Communication Sciences Language Studies View 7 other Masters in Communication Sciences in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree, which gives eligibility to Master’s level education in the country in which the degree was issued. Applicants holding a degree, which gives eligibility to Doctoral programmes, should primarily seek admission to Doctoral level.
- Eligible applicants must have completed the higher education degree in a relevant field, for instance, in communication, linguistics/applied linguistics, modern languages, or other field within humanities or social sciences. The applicant cannot be accepted in the master’s degree programme if the applicant has a master’s degree in the same field.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Jyväskylä
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.