In the Cancer Drug Discovery course from University of Bradford there are opportunities to learn the latest innovations in drug discovery are provided, including computer-aided drug design and techniques in parallel synthesis, as well as electronic data management.
Exciting new opportunities for chemical intervention in disease have emerged based on a greater understanding of the molecular aspects of disease progression. Drug discovery combines the expertise of medicinal chemists required in translating the understanding of the molecular aspects of disease progression to the identification of suitable chemical entities, and the process of optimisation that ultimately leads to the discovery of new medicines.
The largest destination of our graduates is enrolment in PhD studies (47%) including here at Bradford, as well as King’s College London, Cambridge, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Newcastle, Portsmouth and Sheffield.
- Principles of Drug Discovery
- Practical Skills in Research
- Critical Appraisal
- Preclinical Models for Drug Evaluation
- Case Studies in Drug Discovery
- Cancer Therapeutics Research Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine View 1015 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Bradford and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- To be admitted to the programme, applicants must have an undergraduate Honours qualification (minimum 2: 2) or equivalent in a scientific discipline, usually within chemistry, biology, pharmacy, biomedicine, or related fields. Candidates who do not meet these entry criteria but who can show relevant experience may also be considered.
- For North American students a GPA of normally 2.0 and above (on a scale of 4.0), or an equivalent, is required.
- Entry to this programme requires a pass at A-level Chemistry OR having taken an undergraduate module in a relevant chemical subject.
- The Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE-A), for which you will need to achieve an overall score of at least 55, with at least 51 in each of the four sub-tests
- TOEFL, for which you will need to score at least 80 on the internet-based test, with sub-tests not less than Speaking 20, Listening 17, Reading 18, Writing 17
International23028 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23028 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9230 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9230 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bradford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.