The Archaeological Sciences programme at University of Bradford gives you the practical, analytical and interpretative skills you need to apply a wide range of specialist approaches, preparing you not only for research in archaeological science but also to pursue career opportunities in all areas of mainstream archaeology.
You can use the course to obtain broad expertise in the field, or to specialise in areas such as:
- Environmental Archaeology, covering environmental change, subsistence and health through studies of animal bones, plant remains and biomarkers in human and non-human hard tissue.
- Landscape Archaeology, focusing on understanding and interpreting landscapes in the past using prospection methods, visualisation and GIS.
- Chronology and Biomolecules, specialising in the use of physical, chemical and biomolecular methods to study and date both human remains and artefacts.
Career prospectsThe course prepares students not only for research in archaeological science, but also furthers career prospects in mainstream archaeology or scientific analysis. The course is well-suited both to students who wish to use it as a foundation from which to commence research or as vocational training to enhance employment prospects in archaeology.
- Professional Development
- Nature of Matter and Instrumental Analysis
- Analysis of Human Remains
- Plants and Animals in Past Societies
- Archaeological Prospection and Visualisation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Archaeology History View 150 other Masters in Archaeology in United Kingdom
- A first degree in Archaeology or another relevant discipline, normally with a second-class degree or higher or equivalent for UK students
- Applications are welcome from students with non-standard qualifications, and mature students (those over 21 years of age on entry) with significant relevant experience
- Admission will be judged on an individual basis of overseas students, at an equivalent level to UK entry requirements
- For North American students normally a GPA of at least 2.5 on a scale of 4.0 is required, or an equivalent
International21930 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21930 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9004 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9004 GBP per year during 12 months.
Home PT: £4,502 per year
Living costs for Bradford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.