Why study MA Professional Practice, Dance Technique Pedagogy at Middlesex University?
This unique Professional Practice, Dance Technique Pedagogy MA combines critical reflection and individual pedagogic practice at one of the UK’s top Universities for dance practice and research. The first programme of its kind in the country, the MA Professional Practice Dance Technique Pedagogy epitomises our dedication to the future of dance and dance teachers as well as our pioneering approach in the field.
This course was developed in collaboration with The Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD) and caters for all genres of dance technique teaching. You begin by reflecting on prior learning before being supported to explore a chosen area of dance technique teaching in more depth that, in turn, leads to a major work-based learning project. Delivered part-time through distance learning, we ensure that you are able to develop as a practitioner and maintain your work commitments while you study.
- You’ll have the flexibility to shape your studies around work commitments so that you can pursue your ambitions with structured support from experienced practitioners
- Your practice is placed at the centre of your research investigation, making your findings applicable within the profession and of value to colleagues, employers and students
- You’ll be part of a vibrant online dance research culture, with access to influential and internationally respected work in dance pedagogy, contemporary dance technique and choreographic practices and dance fitness
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a claim for academic credits against prior formal and informal learning. As a student you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module
CareersOn completion of this course, you will benefit from an academic qualification (MA) that demonstrates advanced academic standing, including practice as research skills. You will have the ability to articulate the range of complex pedagogical, practice based and theoretical ideas involved in your own practice as well as in terms of larger world contexts. You will have experience developing and carrying out practice based, academic research. You will also have an internationally recognised qualification that may allow recognition of your pedagogical experience and/or that you can use to pursue teaching positions in educational and higher educational institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What will you study on the MA Professional Practice, Dance Technique Pedagogy?
This Masters programme is rooted in reflective practice – the course enables you to use your existing skills and knowledge, and find ways to explore your current practice. The course is divided into three modules with flexibility to pay per module and complete each phase in a time frame that works with and around your professional commitments and individual ambitions.
- Review of Learning
- Advanced Practitioner Inquiry
- Independent Work Based Learning Project
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
We recommend applying as early as possible for your chosen postgraduate course to ensure you are granted a place .
DisciplinesTeaching Theatre & Dance View 176 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You do not need a degree or professional dance teaching qualification to be considered for this course but should have equivalent professional experience
- Applicant must be a dance teacher or dance artist engaging in teaching practice
International65 GBP/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 65 GBP per credit and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA65 GBP/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 65 GBP per credit and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.