Why study MA Professional Practice, Dance Technique Pedagogy at Middlesex University?
This unique Professional Practice, Dance Technique Pedagogy MA course at the Middlesex University combines critical reflection and individual pedagogic practice at one of the UK’s top Universities for dance practice and research. The first programme of its kind in the country, the MA Professional Practice Dance Technique Pedagogy epitomises our dedication to the future of dance and dance teachers as well as our pioneering approach in the field.
This course was developed in collaboration with The Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (ISTD) and caters for all genres of dance technique teaching. You begin by reflecting on prior learning before being supported to explore a chosen area of dance technique teaching in more depth that, in turn, leads to a major work-based learning project. Delivered part-time through distance learning, we ensure that you are able to develop as a practitioner and maintain your work commitments while you study.
- You’ll have the flexibility to shape your studies around work commitments so that you can pursue your ambitions with structured support from experienced practitioners
- Your practice is placed at the centre of your research investigation, making your findings applicable within the profession and of value to colleagues, employers and students
- You’ll be part of a vibrant online dance research culture, with access to influential and internationally respected work in dance pedagogy, contemporary dance technique and choreographic practices and dance fitness
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a claim for academic credits against prior formal and informal learning. As a student you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module
Career OpportunitiesOn completion of this course, you will benefit from an academic qualification (MA) that demonstrates advanced academic standing, including practice as research skills. You will have the ability to articulate the range of complex pedagogical, practice based and theoretical ideas involved in your own practice as well as in terms of larger world contexts. You will have experience developing and carrying out practice based, academic research. You will also have an internationally recognised qualification that may allow recognition of your pedagogical experience and/or that you can use to pursue teaching positions in educational and higher educational institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Review of Learning
- Advanced Practitioner Inquiry
- Independent Work Based Learning Project
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPedagogy Teaching Theatre & Dance View 196 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You do not need a degree or professional dance teaching qualification to be considered for this course but should have equivalent professional experience
- Applicant must be a dance teacher or dance artist engaging in teaching practice
International67 GBP/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 67 GBP per credit during 18 months.
National67 GBP/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 67 GBP per credit during 18 months.
- EU: £67 per credit
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.