Why study PGCE Mathematics (QTS) at Middlesex University?
Mathematics teachers are in great demand and this course enables you to meet the national standards for the award of qualified teacher status. Combining theory and practice, you will comprehensively investigate the structure of the mathematics curriculum, considering numbers and algebra, shape, space and measures, and handling data. You will be encouraged to provide evidence of your own development in teaching and learning.
Under the guidance of a team of experts, students become involved in designing, producing, teaching and evaluating a range of materials currently used to support mathematics in the secondary school.
This Mathematics (QTS) Postgrad. Cert. offered at the Middlesex University has excellent relationships with schools in London, Essex and Hertfordshire and during your studies, you will have the opportunity to undertake teaching placements in at least two secondary schools, allowing you the chance to acquire skills in the application of new technologies in teaching and learning. Schools are carefully selected to suit each individual and expose them to a wide variety of imaginative and thought provoking learning strategies. Key experts from our partner schools will always be on hand to offer invaluable mentoring and support.
- You will have the opportunity to undertake an enhanced placement in a third educational setting
- Middlesex University provides links with wider educational providers to give you an experience of leading learning
- You will learn from experienced and personalised tutors who are subject specialists
- As a student of this course you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.
Teachers can find career progression in both the classroom and the school's management structure. You might aspire to become the head of a department, age group or curriculum. And through developing your leadership skills and experience, you could progress to a senior management position, such as deputy head or head teacher.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Secondary Professional Development
- Professional Knowledge and Pedagogy
- Mathematics Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics Pedagogy View 858 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- You need at least a 2.2 Bachelor honours degree in a subject relevant to your chosen subject area with at least 50% mathematical content, or equivalent from a recognised overseas qualification.
- You must have GCSE grade C / grade 4 or above in English and Mathematics or be retaking them this year. The equivalency tests by Equivalency Testing, A Star Teachers or any other appropriately accredited provider are also accepted. Functional skills or key skills or IELTS are not accepted.
- You must have an A level or equivalent in maths, ideally at the time of the application or alternatively prior to the start of the PGCE Secondary maths course.
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14000 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
- EU Full-time: £14,000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.