Why study PGCE Primary Education (QTS) at Middlesex University?
This Primary Education (QTS) Postgrad. Cert. at the Middlesex University enables you to meet the Teachers' Standards for the award of Qualified Teacher Status. The course has been designed to include 120 days of school experience across the training year.
You'll gain a thorough understanding of the education system and practical teaching strategies as well as then having the opportunity to apply them. You'll be introduced to further issues and strategies each week, which you will be able to investigate and apply in a practical setting before reflecting on the entire experience. The nature of the course allows you to return to University to reflect on your practical application.
The teaching quality and individual support for students on the Initial Teacher Training (ITT) programmes at Middlesex consistently produce the highest outcomes and very high employment rates of our trainees who typically gain their first teaching appointments during the courses.
You will benefit from the guidance of expert tutors who bring a wealth of professional experience to their teaching, and who are widely published across disciplines such as multilingualism, diversity and childhood development.
- You will stay in contact with your tutors, allowing continual mentoring and mutual knowledge exchange
- The diverse teaching placements enable you to understand, critically evaluate and respond to the needs of children in multicultural, multilingual and multi-faith settings and schools in an international, urban environment
- Many graduates have their first teaching post at the schools where they had a placement
- You may be able to undertake an optional enrichment placement in a SEND school
- As a student of this course you will receive a free electronic textbook for every module.
- Learning and Teaching
- Primary Professional Development One (School-based)
- Across the curriculum, beyond the classroom
- Primary Professional Development Two
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesTeaching Primary Education View 422 other Masters in Teaching in United Kingdom
- For PGCE Primary, you will need a 2.2 hons degree or above
- Degrees in all subjects are considered.
- Additionally you must have GCSE grade C / grade 4 or above in English language and mathematics and science (or equivalent). The equivalency tests by Equivalency Testing, A Star Teachers or any other appropriately accredited provider are also accepted. Functional skills or key skills or IELTS are not accepted.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.