The Molecular Biology and Biotechnology programme at the Vytautas Magnus University focuses to provide all necessary knowledge needed to promote broad range expertise, erudition, and intellectual sense of satisfaction during studies, practice and work.
During this program, you acquire in-depth knowledge and skills via theoretical and practical training. You become highly competent in the field of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, with excellent perspectives for an independent career in an academic or industrial research environment.
The programme provides graduates with several general areas:
- Companies related to molecular biology, biotechnology, biopharmaceutics and food industry;
- Regulatory and monitoring agencies in the different departments of the national government.
- R&D (research and development) and quality control departments of companies operating in the sectors of medicine, pharmaceutical sciences, cosmetics, agriculture, food and biotechnology as well as hospitals, private laboratories and in vitro fertilization (test tube baby) centers.
- Research and study organizations dealing with various activities related to molecular biology, biotechnology, bioinformatics, biopharmaceutics, and environment preservation.
- International companies dealing with the design and production of equipments used in the field of molecular biology and genetics or medicine.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Molecular Biology
- Molecular Laboratory Diagnostics
- Molecular Ecology
- Membranes and Bioenergetics
- Molecular Biology of Medicinal Plants
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Bioinformatics View 9 other Masters in Biology in Lithuania
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor degree diploma or equivalent degree in one of these fields: Biology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Genetics, Microbiology, Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biophysics, Pharmacy. ECTS courses may be required for agronomy, veterinary, pedagogical science and other bachelors.
- Proof of English Language.
- Admission score is counted based on: Motivation letter* 0,3 + Arithmetic average of bachelor degree diploma supplement all subjects* 0,4 + English grade* 0,3.
International4787 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4787 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4787 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4787 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Kaunas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.