Risk and disaster reduction, particularly within the contexts of dealing with uncertainty and increasing resilience, are high on local, national and international agendas. Academic study can underpin much needed professionalisation and application of evidence and research-based theory to this area.
Whether you wish to start a new career in risk and disaster reduction or you already have experience in this sector, we are here to support you. With an MSc in Risk, Disaster and Resilience , you will have excellent academic credibility coupled with practical and analytical skills.
This Risk, Disaster and Resilience MSc programme offered by the University College London provides excellent training towards careers in fields including research, public policy, business continuity, (re)insurance, catastrophe modelling, finance, risk management, international development, emergency services, consultancy, and humanitarian assistance. The IRDR runs a careers and opportunities fair for students, which is attended by insurance companies, catastrophe modelling firms, NGOs, academic institutions, policy and local government bodies, and head hunters in the field of risk and disaster reduction. Several students have found opportunities through contacts made and positions advertised during this event.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Natural and Anthropogenic Hazards and Vulnerability
- Fundamentals of Emergency and Crisis Planning and Management
- Advanced Emergency and Crisis Planning and Management
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Practice and Appraisal of Research
- MSc Risk, Disaster and Resilience Research Project
- Integrating Science Into Disaster Risk Reduction
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesRisk Management Emergency & Disaster Management Actuarial Science View 106 other Masters in Actuarial Science in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Normally a minimum of an upper second-class UK Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard. Relevant discipline is any science including social sciences, or any humanities subject.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National14100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14100 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK/EU: £7,050 (Part Time)
- Overseas: £13,100 (Part Time)
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.