The Teaching of English as a Foreign/ International Language program from Hellenic Open University is addressed at anyone interested in pursuing postgraduate studies in the domain of teaching English as a foreign language and, in addition, integrates the emerging dimension of English as an international language of communication.
In particular, the M.Ed. in TEFIL integrates all aspects of English language teaching, from the teaching of the “four skills” (i.e., the production and perception of spoken and written language), the design, development and evaluation of curricula and courseware, the testing and assessment of the language skills, the integration of educational technology, the integration of intercultural approaches to teaching, the teaching English to children and adults, teacher education and training, to addressing learning difficulties.
The distance learning methodology adopted in the M.Ed. in TEFIL, in conjunction with the support provided by the tutors, who act as mentors, enables teachers to attend the M.Ed. without leaving their classes and learners. This is achieved through innovative distance learning activities that prompt teachers to apply what they study in actual practice, by designing, teaching and evaluating original lessons, thereby experimenting with and deeply understanding education in all its complexity.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Course development
- Research methodology
- Language assessment
- New technologies in teaching
- Early foreign language education
- Teaching english for specific purposes
- Teacher education for elt
- Intercultural approaches to elt
- Learning difficulties
- Postgraduate dissertation
- Introduction to the m.ed. Teaching oracy skills
- Teaching literacy skills
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesLanguages Teaching View 4 other Masters in Languages in Greece
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Programme accepts graduates of Greek Universities or equivalent International Universities with certified knowledge (a) of English, at level C2 pursuant to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and (b) of any European, Asian or African language, at level B2.
- Graduates of Universities or Technological Educational Institutes’ departments are all the degree holders of Greek Universities and Technological Educational Institutes’ departments as well as anyone with equivalent foreign degree recognised by the Hellenic NARIC
Tuition depends on Modules Selected.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.