The Master of Science in Molecular Biology and Genetics at University of Pavia will provide a state-of-the-art knowledge and training in biomolecular sciences, including the most recent advances in genomics and proteomics of human and animal organisms, in the study of biomolecular structures and their connection to function, and in the genetic manipulation of bacteria, human and animal cells and seed plants.
- Provide students with an excellent background in theoretical and practical aspects of biomolecular sciences as well as in laboratory techniques.
- Stimulate students to plan and implement research projects and to critically evaluate the results of their research and the scientific literature.
- Help students to develop a critical evaluation of theoretical and practical methodologies used to analyze and solve scientific questions and issues.
- Introduce students to the frontiers of research in Life Sciences also with the support of lectures and seminars given by invited international scientists of excellent level.
- Help students to develop writing and oral scientific communication skills in view of their future interaction with the international scientific community.
- Develop team work.
- Help students to gain and develop knowledge and skills required by research organizations and biotechnology companies.
- Explain the importance of bringing the benefits of advanced research in Life Sciences to the society.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advanced Molecular Biology
- Cellular Biochemistry
- Developmental Biology
- Plant Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- Human Molecular Genetics
- Methods in Biochemistry
- Microbial Genetics
- Molecular Microbiology
- Molecular Pharmacology
- Structural Biology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesBiology Molecular Sciences Genetics View 8 other Masters in Biology in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Biology, Biotechnology or related life science programmes.
- Students must have a good knowledge of basic Biology topics with particular attention to Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Genetics, Microbiology and Molecular Biology.
- International students holding a Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biotechnology or related life science programme from an International University have to undergo a pre-evaluation of their academic qualifications. The admissions committee will assess applicants’ academic qualifications. Selected students will have to pass an admission test.
International400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 400 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA156 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 156 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Italian and EU students: Tuition fees range from 156 to 3,985 € per year according to family income.
- Non-EU students Tuition fees range from 400 to 4,500 € per year according to the citizenship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.