You’ll then explore a range of capabilities that are key to the strategic development and management of technological innovation. Your studies will conclude with an in-depth investigation of a technology management topic or problem of your choice.
Key features of the Technology Management from The Open University UK
- Choose between a research route or a professional route.
- Both routes offer a rigorous approach to solving complex real world problems.
- Develops essential skills for systematically and successfully addressing technology management issues in your own organisation and wider contexts.
- Provides an excellent platform for further research studies.
There is an increasing demand across public, private and not-for-profit sectors for people with the vision and the operational and strategic capability to plan, develop and manage technology and technological innovation effectively.
This qualification is designed to develop managers who can make complex decisions associated with identification and evaluation of technologies, developing new or improved products and processes and integrating technology with other business processes, and to manage change required by technological innovation and implementation. It will help you develop the analytical skills and practically relevant knowledge that will equip you to succeed in a variety of management and leadership roles.
The competent technology manager is a highly valued professional, capable of ensuring that the organisation reaps all the potential rewards from its investment in technology of whatever type.
You will develop a range of job-related and transferable skills such as critical thinking, creative problem solving, and the ability to cope with rapid technological change. The capabilities in research and problem-solving developed can be exploited in all professional situations at all management levels. Employers are also impressed by the commitment and determination it takes to succeed with the OU while keeping up family and work commitments.
These benefits, together with the opportunities to add value by applying your learning to the workplace as you study, make technology management programmes very attractive vehicles towards success in senior management roles.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Strategic capabilities for technological innovation
- Technology innovation management
- Advance your independent learning
- Contemporary issues in organisations
- Continuing professional development in practice
- Creating and sustaining value
- Data management
- Digital forensics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Technology Management General Engineering & Technology View 21 other Masters in Technology Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
There are no formal entry requirements to study this qualification.
However, we do recommend that you have:
- a UK bachelors degree (or an equivalent qualification), and/or
- management experience in a field relevant to technology management.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11930 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11930 GBP per year during 36 months.
National11930 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11930 GBP per year during 36 months.
- The total cost you pay for your qualification is dependent on the modules you choose to study. With us, you pay for your modules as you study them, rather than the whole qualification up front.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.