The Autism (Adults) programme from University of Birmingham will draw upon your own experience as a practitioner, and through the set assessments, you will consider how your learning informs your practice.
The University of Birmingham is a leading provider of degree-level education in autistic spectrum disorders in the UK - offering Professional Development courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Our courses develop real insight and encourage reflective practice. You will be tutored by senior practitioners and researchers in the field who work within the Autism Centre for Education and Research (ACER).
You will have access to an extensive library, research materials and a large online community of students in the field of autism.
Academic credits and qualifications can be used as a springboard to further study and we accept both vocational and academic qualifications as entry criteria.
The Autism (Adults) programme from University of Birmingham aims to provide you with knowledge of the autism spectrum, including Asperger syndrome, based on theory, research and practice. You will be taught to consider how autism theory applies to the individuals that you support in their adult lives, and what this should mean for your own practice.
The following awards are offered for this programme.
- AdCert (Level H) Three core modules
- PGCert (Level M) Three core modules
- BPhil (Level H) Three core modules plus one optional module and a 10,000 word dissertation
- PGDip (Level M) Three core modules plus three optional modules
- MEd (Level M) Three core modules plus two optional modules, PIE and a 15,000 word dissertation
All of our Autism (Adults) courses fall under the umbrella of Continuing Professional Development. They are regarded as evidence of professional specialism for practitioners working in the field, in whatever sector. Anecdotally we know from feedback that many of our students gain promoted posts or other means of formal recognition as a direct result of their Autism (Adults) qualification.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Autism Adults: Understanding and Working with the Continuum of Need
- Autism Adults: Intervention, Support and Education
- A Special Studies Module
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSpecial Education Cognitive Sciences Adult Education View 5 other Masters in Adult Education in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The level at which you study will normally depend on your previous academic qualifications and professional experience.
- For applicants who do not hold a recognised degree or equivalant, there are opportunities for you to progress through undergraduate and postgraduate study.
International9060 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9060 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA3300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3300 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
- AdCert £3,300
- BPhil £3,300
- PGCert £3,300
- PGDip £3,300
- AdCert £9,060
- BPhil £9,060
- PGCert £6,150
- PGDip £6,150
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.