The Advanced Mechanical Engineering programme from University of Birmingham is a broad-based programme covering an important and industrially-relevant portfolio of mechanical engineering modules. All the teaching is delivered by highly experienced and qualified members of academic staff who are at the cutting-edge of research in their respective fields. This programme will be attractive to graduates of mechanical engineering or related subjects.
With leading research into Advanced Mechanical Engineering, the University of Birmingham is the ideal location for bright graduates, looking for a solid and well-respected postgraduate qualification which will act as a springboard for a successful future.
Why study Advanced Mechanical Engineering Masters at Birmingham?
- Study in our new state-of-the-art School of Engineering building which includes a 179-capacity Design Centre and 160 drop-in study spaces throughout the building providing flexible learning.
- Learn from highly experienced members of academic staff who are at the cutting edge of research and consultancy in their respective fields
- Prepare for a wide range of careers including design, consultancy, maintenance, operations and R&D in a spectrum of industrial sectors, such as manufacturing, aerospace, energy, automotive, micro/nano technology, nuclear and defence
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering, within the School of Engineering, enjoys a significant level of industrial engagement and sponsorship, from small-to-medium enterprises and world leading companies such as Rolls-Royce, Jaguar Land Rover, and Airbus
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers accreditation
- Advanced Project
- Integrated Design Project
- Research and Professional Skills
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Advanced Vehicle Engineering
- Bio-medical and Micro Engineering
- Industrial Automation and Robotics
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 174 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United Kingdom
A 2.1 or a high 2.2 equivalent UK degree in Mechanical Engineering or Physics. Students graduating with a 2.2 degree can be considered on a case by case basis. We look for high 2.2 grades in Thermodynamics, Fluid-dynamics, Static and Dynamic Mechanics.
International25740 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25740 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National10620 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10620 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- UK students: £5,310 part-time (year 1)
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.