This course is suitable for engineering, maths or science graduates who wish to specialise in Offshore Engineering . It develops professional engineers and scientists with the multidisciplinary skills and ability to analyse current and future offshore energy engineering problems.
Cranfield University’s MSc in Offshore Engineering is able to provide the new skills needed across this fast developing sector, together with the fundamental engineering understanding necessary, whatever the application. Exciting new disciplines taught in this MSc include advanced operation and maintenance of offshore assets; Health, Safety, Security and Environment; and Risk and Reliability. Students applying for this MSc will be able to choose between two routes: one focusing on detailed engineering aspects, and the other focusing on offshore asset management. Graduates with an MSc in Offshore Engineering will be able to work in a range of different industries including offshore renewables, oil & gas, aquaculture systems and beyond.
Why this course?
Providing a stable, secure and financially viable energy supply is a fundamental issue impacting our homes and workplaces. Cranfield’s expertise relates to all the potential solutions; from our ongoing relationship with oil and gas, to our developing reliance on renewable energy in the world around us.
- Projects with industry: Through our group and individual projects our students have regular contact with potential employers.
- Learning from the best academics: We attract top-quality staff from across the world, many of whom are world-leading in their area of expertise. The diverse mix of backgrounds and experiences creates a rich teaching and research environment.
- Outstanding facilities: We have exceptional facilities, many of which are unique in the university sector. Our impressive on-site pilot-scale facilities include gas turbines and high-pressure combustion rigs, a structural integrity laboratory and an ocean systems laboratory.
- Research-informed teaching: We’re actively researching offshore renewables, oil and gas engineering, the production and the clean use of fossil fuels.
- Networking opportunities: Our considerable network of contacts gives you the opportunity to build useful connections with industry.
- Industry relevant courses: We design our courses with employers to combine high-calibre teaching with practical work experience, giving you an unparalleled competitive edge. The relevance and appropriateness of the MSc content is reviewed by an Industrial Advisory Panel; a group of key figures in relevant industries (i.e. Shell, Society of Underwater Technology, ABS).
This MSc course is accredited by the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarEST) for CEng, CMarTech and MIMarEST. The MSc has also been approved by the Energy Institute (EI) for membership, and as meeting the Engineering Council UKs further learning requirements for Chartered Engineer registration under UK-SPEC.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Materials and Corrosion in the Offshore Environment
- Risk, Reliability and Inspection Offshore
- Engineering Stress Analysis: Theory and Simulations
- Advanced Maintenance of Offshore Assets
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Energy & Power Engineering View 98 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A first or second class UK Honours degree (or equivalent) in a related science or engineering discipline. Other recognised professional qualifications or several years relevant industrial experience may be accepted as equivalent; subject to approval by the Course Director.
- Applicants who do not fulfil the standard entry requirements can apply for the Pre-Masters programme, successful completion of which will qualify them for entry to this course for a second year of study.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
International & EU:
- MSc Part-time: £21,500
- PgDip Full-time: £17,400
- PgCert Full-time: £8,700
- MSc Full-time: £10,500
- MSc Part-time: £1,635
Living costs for Cranfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.