Separation science, sensors, and spectroscopic techniques are key elements alongside chemometrics, instrumentation and advanced research project completion. Students will have the flexibility to specialise in a chosen field and further advancement to Ph.D. research is available to highly motivated and talented postgraduates.
The MSc in Chemistry - Analysis of Pharmaceutical Compounds at University College Cork is a one-year course designed to provide you with the theoretical and practical skills for employment in a diverse range of industries that require analytical expertise. The course curriculum consists of six months of lectures, laboratory practical sessions, career service workshops, industry-based seminars/workshops, site visits to industry and a six-month research project (industry, research institute, aboard).
The curriculum has been developed with input from staff in the chemistry department and also by the industry advisory board, to provide you with the necessary skills required by employers. Students have the choice to complete the six-month research project in a national or international industry or university environment.
- Modern Analytical Techniques, Chemical Data Analysis and GLP
- Separation Science, Sensors and Process Analytical Technology
- Materials, Pharmaceutical and Bio-analysis
- Practice of Analytical Chemistry
- Industry Led Workshops
- Taught Postgraduate Transferable Skills Development
- Biopharmaceuticals: Formulation Design, Secondary Processing and Regulatory Compliance
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesChemistry Pharmacy View 25 other Masters in Pharmacy in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Candidates must have obtained at least a Second Class Honours in a primary honours degree (NFQ, Level 8) or equivalent in a subject(s) related to that of the MSc programme.
- The number of places is limited and selection will be made on the basis of the candidate's performance in his/her primary degree.
- Graduates with equivalent qualifications in related areas of science and technology, or with proven and relevant industrial experience can be considered under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for places following interview and assessment. Candidates must be approved by the Professor of Analytical Chemistry and/or the Co-ordinator of the MSc Programme, and by the College of Science, Engineering and Food Science.
International23100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23100 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA7630 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7630 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cork
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.