The History programme from Mary Immaculate College, University of Limerick, running from September to July, is delivered entirely by full-time faculty in the MIC Department of History. It consists of six taught modules in history and 20,000 word dissertation. Teaching takes place in small, supportive groups where discussion and debate are encouraged.
Modules are taught on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays during the autumn and spring semesters, with classes from 4-7pm. All modules are assessed by means of continuous assessment. The dissertation is normally due in August.
The programme is also available in part-time (two years) and flexible part-time (over a maximum of three years) options.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Irish Revolution 1912-1927
- Oral History: Theory and Practice
- Irish Communities in Early Modern Europe
- Image-based Research in History
- Research methods in History
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Modern History View 14 other Masters in Modern History in Ireland
- Applicants will be considered for entry on the basis of a primary degree in History or a cognate discipline at a minimum of 2.2 honours.
- Potential students who do not meet the normal entry requirements may be considered for admission and should contact the Programme Director for information.
International9325 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9325 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA4675 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4675 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.