The MMEdSc in Sports & Exercise Medicine at UCC is designed to give clinicians a deeper understanding of sports medicine, sports injuries and exercise medicine.
This Sports and Exercise Medicine programme at University College Cork covers the evidence base of the management of sports medicine and musculoskeletal injuries and emphasises the vital role of physical activity in the prevention and treatment of chronic illness/disease.
This master’s degree will therefore educate a new, highly skilled cadre of clinicians and practitioners to manage sports injuries and the epidemic of lifestyle related diseases and conditions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Sports Injuries: Clinical
- Exercise, General Health and Sports Medicine
- Sport and Exercise Medicine: Scientific Principles
- Research Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Sports Sciences View 7 other Masters in Physiotherapy in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a Medical qualification of the NUI or an equivalent institution, and full registration as a doctor with the Irish Medical Council
- a Physiotherapy degree, membership of the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists and experience of sports service provision, as evidenced by references and a statement detailing experience.
International21130 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21130 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA10130 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10130 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cork
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.