Designed in consultation with leaders from the business community and public sector organisations, this unique course equips you with the key skills for career development in the ever-changing business world.
Business Economics at University College Cork also provides a good foundation for those interested in undertaking further study at PhD, DBA or professional development level.This is a research-orientated course, which is both theoretically grounded and evidence-based. The focus is on analysing, understanding and explaining business performance in a competitive environment.
A portfolio of skills required to support business analysis and managerial decision-making is developed, including communication skills (written and oral), analytical and evaluation skills and team-working skills. Our market research has indicated that such skills are very highly rated by employers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Business Skills
- Scenario Planning for Strategic Decision-Making
- Research Methods for Business Economics
- Economics of Business Strategy
- Business Relationships and Business Strategy
- Analysing General Business Conditions
- Financial Economics and Business Strategy
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration View 36 other Masters in Economics in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An honours degree in economics (equivalent to the BA, BComm, BSc Finance, postgraduate diplomas and higher diplomas in economics) with at least a 2.2 on the combined total of all economics courses in the degree or diploma awarded.
International18130 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18130 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA10630 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10630 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cork
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.