Designed in consultation with leaders from the business community and public sector organisations, The MSc Business Economics, University College Cork equips you with the key skills for career development in the ever-changing business world.
- The MSc Business Economics course is unique to UCC, incorporating both taught courses and action research, and using economic theory and analysis explicitly applied to business. Through the focused taught courses and conducting your own research, you learn how to explain and apply core theories, empirical methods and a range of analytical tools that are relevant and transferable to a range of fundamental business issues.
- In this course you will develop a portfolio of skills required to support business analysis and managerial decision-making. These skills include communication skills (written and oral), analytical and evaluation skills and team-working skills. Our market research has indicated that such skills are very highly rated by employers.
- Professional Business Skills
- Economics of Business Strategy
- Business Relationships and Business Strategy
- Analysing General Business Conditions
- Financial Economics and Business Strategy
- Corporate Treasure Management
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration View 40 other Masters in Economics in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Minimum Second Class Honours Grade II in a primary honours degree (NFQ Level 8) or equivalent. Note that there is NO requirement for Economics or Business subjects to be part of the primary degree.
- Consideration under Recognition of Prior Learning will be given to applicants not meeting the above criteria (i.e. no primary degree) but with extensive relevant professional experience, as deemed appropriate by the Head of Economics in consultation with the Programme Director, subject to the approval of the School of Business.
International18500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18500 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA10630 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10630 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cork
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.