The incidence of both Type 1 and type 2 diabetes has been increasing worldwide. This course aims to inform and equip the practitioner with the necessary skills to function in a modern biomedical/clinical environment specialising in caring for the diabetes patient, and will be relevant to researchers, day-to-day NHS hospital practice and general practice.
Why study this course with us?
- The Diabetes programme offered by the University of Chester is delivered by a research-active group of academic staff, supplemented by clinicians and biomedical scientists.
- You will receive training in research skills required in the interpretation of the literature and translating that into evidence-based practice.
- The course is mapped to the academic content of The Joint Royal Colleges of Physicians Training Board Speciality Training Curriculum for Endocrinology and Diabetes Mellitus.
- If research is your interest, successful completion of the MSc will allow you to register onto one of our PhD or Doctor of Medicine courses.
- Evidence Based Medicine
- Analysis and Interpretation of Clinical Data
- Clinical Medicine
- Therapeutic Advances in Diabetes
- Case Investigations in Molecular Medicine
- Assessment and Consultation in Clinical Settings
- Research Dissertation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 1789 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- Applicants must hold an appropriate first degree with a honours degree, or hold appropriate professional qualifications.
- Students from countries outside the UK are expected to have entry qualifications roughly equivalent to UK A Level for undergraduate study and British Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) for postgraduate study.
- We accept a wide range of qualifications and consider all applications individually on merit. We may also take into account appropriate work experience.
International13450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13450 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6885 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6885 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Chester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.