The Textile Design program at the Chelsea College of Art and Design involves evolving and developing a personal programme of studio work and related research. Theoretical Studies provides a framework for students to develop a critical research paper, enabling them to locate their ideas and practice in relation to contemporary debate on cultural and theoretical issues.
What you can expect
- A studio-based, practice-led course.
- Opportunities for developing and collaborating on pioneering work within the textile industry
- Study to be underpinned by a supportive theoretical framework
- Instruction in professional contemporary practice
- Focus and debate on environmental issues. This will include looking at the designer’s role in acting responsibly to these
- To develop through individual and group tutorials, workshops and online resources
- Talks designed to introduce you to a range of visiting artists, designers and other practitioners
- To have access to course specific specialist facilities. There is a print and dye lab and digital print computer suite. We also have workshops for stitch, digital embroidery, knit and weave
- To have access to Chelsea's shared workshops. These include ceramics, casting, laser cutting, photography, an audio-visual editing suite, metal and woodwork.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Exhibition tutorials
- General theory forum lectures
- Independent research
- Individual and group tutorials
- Research methodology workshops
- Technical support and courses
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 67 other Masters in Fashion Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The standard minimum entry requirements for this course are:
- BA (Hons) degree or equivalent academic qualifications
- Alternative qualifications and experience will also be taken into consideration
- Personal statement
- Portfolio of work
Entry to this course will also be determined by the quality of your application, looking primarily at your portfolio of work, personal statement and reference.
International22920 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22920 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA11220 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11220 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.