We provide Interior and Spatial Design students at Chelsea College of Art and Design with a valuable bridge between study and professional practice, as they engage with leading practitioners through the course. This helps students redefine their current and future practice as professional designers, or progress to further research.
Graduates from MA Interior and Spatial Design have an excellent record of gaining employment in both architectural and design practices, while our other course alumni either continue their practice as fine artists, have architectural books published or make furniture.
Content: what students can expect
- To address issues about how we inhabit space and develop sensibilities about intervening into existing architectural structures or situations
- To engage with the language of architecture and the experiential aspects of what it is to inhabit and interact with our spatial environment; from the functional design of built structures to fine art installations, from furniture to computer animation or film
- To explore interior and spatial design from either a research orientated or professional practice point of view or combination of both
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Analysis of Practice and Exploration of Methodologies
- Development and Consolidation
- Studio practice and Advanced studio practice, which run sequentially
- Theoretical studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesInterior Design View 35 other Masters in Interior Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The standard minimum entry requirements for this course are:
- BA (Hons) degree or equivalent academic qualifications
- Alternative qualifications and experience will also be taken into consideration
- Personal statement
- Portfolio of work
Entry to this course will also be determined by the quality of your application, looking primarily at your portfolio of work, personal statement and reference.
International25880 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25880 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA12280 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12280 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.