The Exercise and Sports Medicine (Football) programme from University of Birmingham is aimed at physiotherapists and doctors and is ideal for those either working within football medicine or interested in moving into football medicine.
Aspects of the learning and teaching for two specialist modules is delivered in the tranquil grounds of St George’s park with input from some of the Football Association’s sports key sports medicine staff. Anatomy teaching is delivered in the state-of-the-art prosectorium at University of Birmingham.
This is a research-led programme delivered within a School with 90% of its research classified as world leading or internationally excellent, with experts from football medicine, sports medicine and musculoskeletal medicine.
The programme is part of a collaboration framework of MSc and MRes programmes between the School of Sport, Exercise and Rehabilitation Sciences and the College of Medical and Dental Sciences.
The programme has been written collaboratively with The Football Association for physiotherapists and doctors either working within football medicine or interested in moving into football medicine, to enhance your employability. Specifically, the programme has been written in line with the international competencies and standards established by the International Federation of Sports Phsyiotherapists and the Speciality Training Curriculum for Sports and Exercise Medicine from the Joint Royal Colleges of Physicians Training Board, and in collaboration with The Football Association and physiotherapists and doctors working within football and other sporting contexts.
- Research Methodology in Sport, Exercise and Rehabilitation
- Sports Medicine (Football)
- Neuromuscular Adaptation to Training
- Continuing Professional Development and Mentored Practice
- 13 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Sports Management Sports Sciences View 373 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
For applicants undertaking clinical practice in the UK as part of the Continuing Professional Development and Mentored Practice module:
- Current registration with the Health and Care Professions Council and the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy for physiotherapists (includes professional indemnity), or
- Current registration with the General Medical Council, and evidence of appropriate professional indemnity for mentored practice within a football environment for doctors.
- Satisfactory current Disclosure and Barring Service (previously criminal Record) check.
- Satisfactory health declaration and immunisation record.
International22929 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24840 GBP for the full programme during 13 months.
National12960 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14040 GBP for the full programme during 13 months.
Part-time: Exact fee depends on the modules taken.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.