The Advanced General Dental Practice (Distance Learning) programme from University of Birmingham is designed for primary dental care providers who want to advance their clinical skills and knowledge, with the primary objective of enhancing the quality of their patient care.
The objectives of the programme are:
- To provide you with the opportunity to enhance your clinical knowledge, insight and expertise in areas directly relating to your practice;
- To enhance the quality of care provided to your patients;
- To provide a base for enjoyable personal professional development;
- To improve your employability in a highly competitive job market;
- To provide support for achieving other qualifications - ORE, MFDS, FFGDP, MJDF etc.
The MSc Advanced General Dental Practice programme is a Masters degree taught and accredited by the University of Birmingham, and is an excellent addition to your Curriculum Vitae (CV) when seeking new job opportunities.
It proves that you have an advanced level of knowledge and skill in your chosen profession, that you have a commitment to improving the quality of your patient care, and that you understand the business aspects of General Dental Practice. These are all important qualities to potential employers.
If you are a citizen of a country outside the European Union (EU), please note that the MSc Advanced General Dental Practice programme in itself does not give you a licence to work in the UK.
- The informed and informing clinician
- Contemporary dental practice
- Medical and surgical management of oral disease
- Operative techniques
- Running a clinical business
- Audit project
- Combined speciality case report
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Dentistry Health Sciences View 150 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
- You must have a primary degree in dental surgery or equivalent qualification.
- Two references from professional colleagues.
- You will need to be currently delivering clinical care for patients that will provide a range of procedures for case reports on which some assessments are based.
International9225 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18450 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA9225 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18450 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- You can apply for a government loan of up to £10,280 per student for postgraduate Masters study. This is a contribution towards the costs of study and whether the loan is used towards fees, maintenance or other costs will be at the discretion of the student.
- The College of Medical and Dental Sciences is offering a number of Global Scholarships for Excellence for outstanding students on our postgraduate taught programmes. The value of each award is £2,000 to be off-set against tuition fees, is tenable for one year only and cannot be deferred to a later year.
- International students can often gain funding through overseas research scholarships, Commonwealth scholarships or their home government.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!