One Health sits at the interface between human, animal and ecosystem health.
As such, it is a fast-evolving subject area, well suited to preparing professionals looking to tackle the wide range of intractable and highly complex health challenges of the 21st century.
This programme is delivered fully online, making the most of the University’s pioneering, award-winning online learning environments
We were the first UK University to address the need for One Health professional training by providing a dedicated Master’s programme.
Launched in 2014, this MSc programme capitalises on the many strengths of the University of Edinburgh across multiple disciplines to deliver world-class teaching in One Health and provide the key training and skills required for a successful career in this emerging field.
In the national Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (2019), we received a 90% student satisfaction rating, reflecting the hard work the team puts in to build and support the learning community who come together to teach and learn on this programme.
The One Health programme is part of the Global Health Academy, and we share many elective courses with other programmes in the Academy.
This provides a great deal of flexibility allowing you to personalise your studies to reflect your professional interests and career aspirations.
As well as learning from our expert tutors, you will join with students from around the world on a number of different master’s programmes to share experiences and knowledge.
The One Health (Online Learning) programme at The University of Edinburgh aims to provide interested professionals with the knowledge, skills and awareness required to work within a One Health framework that recognises the importance of interdisciplinary working and the interrelatedness of human, animal and environmental health.
Graduates from our programme can expect to enhance their prospects in:
- government departments
- non-governmental organisations
- international development
- the private sector
Despite being a relatively new field, and indeed approach, One Health is rapidly gaining global recognition, and our students have already reported improvements in career development through studying on the programme.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The MSc One Health programme is delivered part-time by online learning, over a maximum period of six years.
- The programme begins in September and is structured to allow progression through Certificate, Diploma and MSc. However, it is also possible to finish at the Certificate or Diploma level.
- The Certificate is usually studied over 1-2 years, the Diploma 2-4 years and the full Masters can take from between 3-6 years to complete, depending on how much time you have to dedicate to studying per academic year.
- The programme’s flexibility is much appreciated by students, who can also opt to take time out for employment or family reasons.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- MSc - 180
- PgDip - 120
- PgCert - 60
- PgProfDev - 50
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 479 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in veterinary medicine, medicine, life/biological sciences, biomedical science, ecosystem health, environmental sciences, agricultural science, social science or economics.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International960 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 960 GBP per module during 72 months.
National960 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 960 GBP per module during 72 months.
- MSc PT intermittent: 10 credits £960; 20 credits £1,915; 60 credits £5,735
- PgDip / PgCert / PgProfDev PT intermittent: 10 credits £960; 20 credits £1,915
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.