One Health sits at the interface between human, animal and ecosystem health.
As such, it is a fast-evolving subject area, well suited to preparing professionals looking to tackle the wide range of intractable and highly complex health challenges of the 21st century.
Who this programme is for
This programme is suitable for a wide range of professionals, whose disciplinary backgrounds can include the health, biological, environmental and social sciences.
We were the first UK University to address the need for One Health professional training by providing a dedicated Master’s programme.
Launched in 2014, this MSc programme capitalises on the many strengths of the University of Edinburgh across multiple disciplines to deliver world-class teaching in One Health and provide the key training and skills required for a successful career in this emerging field.
In the national Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (2019), we received a 90% student satisfaction rating, reflecting the hard work the team puts in to build and support the learning community who come together to teach and learn on this programme.
The One Health programme is part of the Global Health Academy, and we share many elective courses with other programmes in the Academy.
The One Health MSc aims to provide interested professionals with the knowledge, skills and awareness required to work within a One Health framework that recognises the importance of interdisciplinary working and the interrelatedness of human, animal and environmental health.
Graduates from our programme can expect to enhance their prospects in:
- government departments
- non-governmental organisations
- international development
- the private sector
Despite being a relatively new field, and indeed approach, One Health is rapidly gaining global recognition, and our students have already reported improvements in career development through studying on the programme.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Certificate comprises four compulsory courses. Each 20-credit course is taught over a period of ten weeks, while the 10-credit courses are taught over a five-week period.
- For the Diploma a selection of courses totalling 60 credits must be made from a selection of courses. Each 20-credit course is taught over a period of ten weeks, whilst the 10-credit courses are taught over a five-week period.
- The MSc dissertation can take the form of a short research project or a literature review.
- Supervision for this element of the programme will be provided by existing research staff and subject experts currently employed by the University of Edinburgh.
- Candidates may also be encouraged, where appropriate, to work closely with senior staff at their home institutions or other suitably qualified approved experts.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- No Attendance
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 184 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in veterinary medicine, medicine, life/biological sciences, biomedical science, ecosystem health, environmental sciences, agricultural science, social science or economics.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International915 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 915 GBP per module and a duration of 72 months.
National915 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 915 GBP per module and a duration of 72 months.
- MSc PT intermittent: 10 credits £915; 20 credits £1,825; 60 credits £5,470
- PgDip / PgCert / PgProfDev PT intermittent: 10 credits £915; 20 credits £1,825
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.