The South Asian Studies course at University of Heidelberg represents in nuce Heidelberg University’s very considerable expertise on the subject of South Asia.
It is sustained by all the departments of the SAI and the professorships relevant to South Asia within the renowned cluster of excellence “Asia and Europe in a Global Context”.
Combinable subjects include:
- development economy
- history of South Asia
- cultural and religious history of South Asia
- art history and visual culture (South Asia)
- South Asian modern language studies
- political science (with reference to South Asia)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies View 84 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants should hold a Bachelors degree in, or related to, one of the disciplines thaught at SAI
- English language proficiency and readiness to acquire German reading skills.
- Prospective students from Germany
- Prospective students from Germany can enrol without prior application at the Central University Administration building by the beginning of the lecture period.
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Heidelberg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.