The History and Philosophy of Art from University of Kent - Paris School of Arts and Culture is intended for graduates in art history, philosophy and related subjects, such as fine art. It gives you the opportunity to pursue your interest in visual art at advanced level and within an interdisciplinary context, to develop a high level of expertise in topics in history and philosophy of art and to prepare for doctoral research in history of art or philosophy of art.
You spend the entire year at Kent’s Paris School of Arts and Culture where you study at the Columbia Global Center (known as Reid Hall), which is located in a historic corner of Montparnasse in the heart of Paris. This allows you to participate in excursions to prominent cultural locations and make use of research resources that are only available in Paris. You have the unique opportunity to study the arts at postgraduate level within the context of a city that has been at the very centre of many crucial artistic and art theoretical developments in the past few centuries.
Arts postgraduates have gone on to work in a range of professions, from museum positions and teaching roles to marketing and gallery assistants. Our graduates have found work with Tate Britain, the V&A, Museum of Childhood and other arts, culture and heritage-related organisations.
- Key Concepts and Classic Texts in History and Philosophy of Art
- Modern Art in Paris
- Urban Design Project
- Theory and History of Urban Design
- The Verbal and The Visual: Dialogues Between Literature, Film, Art and
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
There is no fixed application deadline for applications from home/EU students, though we strongly recommend you apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Art History View 3 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in France
- An upper second-class honours degree or better, usually in a relevant humanities subject. In certain circumstances, the School will consider candidates who have not followed a conventional education path or who may have relevant experience in the industry. These cases are assessed individually by the Director of Graduate Studies.
- Your application should include a sample of your academic writing. Ideally this will be an essay, on a similar or related topic, that you have recently written as part of your undergraduate degree programme. Please upload this to your application portal.
International18750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18750 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
National11150 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11150 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU full-time: €14100
Living costs for Paris
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.