The Film programme from University of Kent is taught by experts in Film and seeks to engage you with the key elements that make up the diverse nature of film and moving images.
A cross-cultural, interdisciplinary programme, you spend your first term at our Canterbury campus with full access to its excellent academic and recreational facilities. In the spring term, you relocate to the Paris School of Arts and Culture where you study at the Columbia Global Center (known as Reid Hall) in a historic corner of Montparnasse. You visit Paris in the autumn term, where you meet our Paris staff and are taken on a tour of the city. We offer advice and support to help you relocate to Paris.
Arts graduates have gone on to work in a range of professions, from museum positions and teaching roles to film journalists and theatre technicians. Our graduates have found work at Universal Pictures, the London Film Festival and other arts, culture and heritage-related organisations, as well as in film production, as editorial assistants and as web designers.
- Film Theory
- Film History: Research Methods
- Film and Modernity Paris
- Urban Design Project
- Theory and History of Urban Design
- Paris: The Residency
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
There is no fixed application deadline for applications from home/EU students, it is recommend to apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 345 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
- An upper second-class honours degree or better, usually in a relevant humanities subject. In certain circumstances, the School will consider candidates who have not followed a conventional education path or who may have relevant experience in the industry. These cases are assessed individually by the Director of Graduate Studies.
- All applicants are considered on an individual basis and additional qualifications, professional qualifications and relevant experience may also be taken into account when considering applications.
International16800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16800 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9100 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU students - £12600
Living costs for Canterbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
- United Kingdom
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.