The MSc Accounting and Finance offered at the Aberdeen Business School - Robert Gordon University aims to produce independent thinkers who are able to deal with the complexity of the accounting and finance challenges facing organisations, either domestically or internationally.
The course will provide you with the knowledge, skills and independent thinking abilities which are essential for developing a career in the accounting sector, within banking and financial institutions, or in the field of corporate finance.
You will develop key transferable skills in relation to the sourcing, recording, interpretation and application of accounting and finance information for use in decision making.
This course offers the opportunity to extend your study by a year to complete a 48 week work placement. Evidence suggests that graduates who can demonstrate relevant work experience have a better chance of securing a graduate level job.
At Aberdeen Business School, we are in the business of changing your tomorrow.
Once graduated, you will be able to progress into a career in the accounting sector, within banking/financial institutions or in the field of corporate finance within the public and private sectors, including in industries such as Energy, Oil and Gas, Construction, Tourism.
Given the nature of modern business, you will also be able to develop a career in general management or management consultancy, or enter into academia and undertake further research leading to a PhD.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Teaching and Assessment
- You will learn through a combination of lectures, seminars and workshop sessions. These comprise of a mix of group study, discussion, simulation and presentations of findings by teams and individuals. You will work as an individual and also as part of a team on case studies, team activities, presentations and discussions.
- Access to our virtual learning environment, CampusMoodle, is also provided giving access to discussion forums with fellow students and faculty, e-book resources, financial databases and investment simulations and to other learning materials e.g., videos.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Finance Accounting View 764 other Masters in Business Administration in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants normally hold a 2:2 undergraduate honours degree or its equivalent in any subject discipline.
- Applicants with a lower degree classification and / or relevant work experience will be considered on a case by case basis.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Aberdeen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.