With strong international reputations, our staff provide plausible ideas, well-designed projects, research training and enthusiasm within a stimulating environment. Recent investment in modern laboratory equipment and computational facilities accelerates the research.
Our principal research covers a wide variety of topics, theoretical, experimental and applied – you can see a list of example topics on our available research projects page. We also offer taught programmes in Forensic Science, studied over one year full-time, and a two-year European-style Master’s in Physics (one year taught, one year research).
All programmes equip you with the tools you need to conduct research, solve problems, communicate effectively and transfer skills to the workplace, which means our graduates are always in high demand. Our links with industry not only provide you with the opportunity to gain work experience during your Physics programme at University of Kent, but also equip you with the general and specialist skills and knowledge needed to succeed in the workplace.
Typical employment destinations for graduates from the physics programmes include power companies, aerospace, defence, optoelectronics and medical industries. Typical employment destinations for graduates from our forensic science and chemistry programmes include government agencies, consultancies, emergency services, laboratories, research or academia.
- Applied Optics Group (AOG)
- Centre for Astrophysics and Planetary Science (CAPS)
- Forensic Imaging Group (FIG)
- Materials for Electronics and Engineering (MEE)
- Physics of Quantum Materials (PQM)
- Supramolecular Interfacial and Synthetic Chemistry (SISC)
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
Although there is no fixed closing deadline for applications to research degrees, we strongly recommend that you apply as soon as possible
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics Chemistry View 207 other Masters in Physics in United Kingdom
- A first or second class honours degree in Physics or Chemistry. We will also consider applicants with degrees in computer science, electronics, biochemistry or other closely related disciplines.
- All applicants are considered on an individual basis and additional qualifications, professional qualifications and relevant experience may also be taken into account when considering applications.
International21200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National4596 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4596 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK - £2298
- EU/International - £10600
Living costs for Canterbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.