This International Multimedia Journalism programme from University of Kent differs from our other taught MA programme in that it is not accredited by the National Council for the Training of Journalists (NCTJ), as the standard NCTJ diploma focuses on UK media law and the British system of government.
In this programme you learn to report for newspapers, news websites, radio and television channels in state-of-the-art newsrooms, learning reporting skills which are applicable to, and recognised by, news organisations around the world. Study at the only UK university which is co-located with a professional TV station, KMTV. Your tutors are award-winning journalists with front-line experience in local, national and international newsrooms.
Our courses equip you with the necessary skills to work as a journalist. Several of our students have been offered jobs before they have finished their examinations, and editors regularly ask if our best students could apply for jobs with them.
Our students have obtained jobs at places such as Sky News, The Daily Mail, BBC News, the Huffington Post and South China Morning Post.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Practical Multimedia Journalism
- Dissertation in Multimedia Journalism
- Journalism and Free Expression
- Television Production
- Reporting Conflict
- Advanced Multimedia Storytelling
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
There is no fixed application deadline for home/EU students, but we strongly recommend you apply no later than three months before your intended start date.
DisciplinesInternational Relations Journalism Media Studies & Mass Media View 147 other Masters in Journalism in United Kingdom
- Minimum 2.1 or equivalent in a relevant academic subject (eg, politics, history, English, international relations) and demonstrable interest in and aptitude for journalism. Suitably qualified applicants will be invited for interview. In certain circumstances, the Centre will consider candidates who have not followed a conventional education path.
- These cases are assessed individually by the Head of Centre and/or the Director of Learning and Teaching and the Director of Research. Applicants should also hold an IELTS qualification with an overall score of 7.0 with 6.5 in reading, 6.5 in listening, 6.5 in speaking and 7.0 in writing.
International18000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8100 GBP per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.