This Autism Studies (Distance Learning) programme from University of Kent aims to:
- provide you with a detailed knowledge of autism and other developmental disabilities
- provide you with experience of conducting research or intervention in the field of autism.
Our postgraduate courses improve employability prospects for both those with established careers and new entrants to the field. Many of our students already work with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in professional, management or supporting capacities.
Our programmes support their continuing professional development and enhance their opportunities for career advancement. Other students, who are at the beginning of their careers, move on to a range of professional roles in health and social care including working as psychologists in learning disability or behavioural specialists in community learning disability teams; service management of development roles; clinical psychology training or a PhD.
Career destinations include working as a clinical specialist, special needs advisor, autism teacher and ABA tutor for various health and special needs organisations such as the Step by Step School, Special Help 4 Special Needs and WA Health.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods
- Behaviour Analysis and Intervention
- Service issues in Intellectual and Development Disabilities
- Extended Essay
- Social Psychology of Autism
- Social Psychology of Autism: Advanced
- Case Study Assessment and Intervention
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences Clinical Psychology View 57 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United Kingdom
- A good honours degree, typically in psychology or other relevant social sciences, or comparable professional qualifications and experience.
- All applicants are considered on an individual basis and additional qualifications, professional qualifications and relevant experience may also be taken into account when considering applications.
International8100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 GBP per year during 12 months.
- EU - £6100
- UK - £3000
- EU - £3050
- International - £4050
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.