This innovative postgraduate Construction Commercial Management degree offered at the University of Westminster is aimed at graduates who are already in, or have been in, construction-related employment, and who aspire to senior positions in the field of commercial management.
You will gain greater knowledge and understanding of the theories, concepts, principles, techniques, and intellectual and practical skills needed for the commercial management of construction projects. You will have the opportunity to plan and implement a personal research project related to commercial management. The course utilises web based technologies in the delivery and extensive use is made of enquiry based learning to enhance lifelong learning skills.
Many of the students have already started on a career path in the construction industry. Whether they are architects, interior designers, surveyors, engineers, construction managers or property developers, what they have in common is they aspire to move to more senior management positions in the construction industry. Some wish to become Chartered Surveyor or Chartered Builders.
Many of the students are employed or are taking sabbatical years from their work, however, others who are not employed have quickly found employment with major consultants and contractors including companies such as Turner and Townsend and Mace.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Commercial Management
- Construction Dissertation or Work-Related Project
- Construction Law for Contract Management
- Corporate Management
- Economics of the Construction Industry
- Developing Effective Construction Teams
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Commerce View 271 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a lower second class honours degree (2:2) in a related subject area, and be in, or have been in, relevant employment in a professional or managerial capacity. Relevant degree disciplines include construction, architecture or civil engineering.
- Alternatively, you may hold membership of a recognised construction-related professional body achieved through examinations and/or professional interview, and have professional or managerial experience in a construction-related post.
- Exceptionally, consideration will be given to applicants who lack standard qualifications but have significant relevant professional or managerial experience.
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.