The Medieval Britain and Europe MA degree offered at Aberystwyth University has been established for many years, and attracts significant numbers of students from outside the UK. It offers you the opportunity to investigate medieval British history in its wider European context and from a variety of thematic angles including political, cultural, economic, and social and religious history. A programme of intensive Latin and palaeography training is integral to the scheme.
Graduates from the Department of History and Welsh History at Aberystwyth have expansive and varied careers. Many of our Masters graduates go on to PhD study and academic careers. Others go on to careers in:
- museums and archives
- heritage administration
- public administration
- the civil service
- local government
- the broadcast media
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- England in Context in the Long Thirteenth Century
- Latin for Postgraduate Study
- Medieval and Post-Medieval Palaeography and Diplomatic
- Research Methods and Professional Skills in History
- Texts that made the Middle Ages
- Representations of the Holocaust
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History European Studies View 607 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
- Good Undergraduate degree 2.2 (UK) (or above) equating to a mark of 56.5 or above in a related subject. European and International applicants can find their grade equivalence on our comparability page. Those who are not graduates must satisfy the University that they are of the required academic standard to pursue postgraduate study.
- Copies of University transcripts (certified translated copies are required if original document is not in English or Welsh).
- Copies of Degree certificates (certified translated copies are required if original document is not in English or Welsh).
- Personal statement within 1-2 A4 pages.
International15200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Aberystwyth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.