Why study Medicine at LSMU?
- Clinical skills developed in the largest clinical hospital in the Baltic States
- Multicultural environment and student community: international students from 48 different countries make up nearly 10% of the total student population at LSMU
- Problem-based learning Medicine curriculum at Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, which allows students to solve clinical cases, conduct research, discuss and present hypothetical theories, solutions or recommendations
- Diploma recognized in EU, USA, Israel and other countries
- Possibility to spend a semester or a year abroad with the Erasmus + exchange programme
- Small groups, i.e. up to 10 students, in clinical courses
- Support system for students’ adaptation: mentoring, tutoring and psychological counselling
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Anatomy, Histology, Genetics, Physics, Chemistry, Lithuanian Language
- Reproduction and Inheritance, Professional Competence, Basics of Neurosciences, Immune Response and Infection, Respiration and Circulation, Metabolism and Homeostasis, Basics of Preclinical Studies and Locomotion, Lithuanian Language
- Clinical Modules, Clinical Medical Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International students could be admitted into the English programme of the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences if they provide the legalized high school or college certificate and transcript (officially translated into English) and meet the Entrance Exam requirements (see Entrance Exam).
- Good grades in biology, chemistry and physics will give preference. Good knowledge of the English language is obligatory (see below the list of 'Items to be submitted').
International12500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA12500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Kaunas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.