The objective of the Veterinary Medicine Study Programme at Lithuanian University of Health Sciences is to develop masters of veterinary surgeons of high qualification who would be capable to work in the private and state network of veterinary services, diagnose animal disease, treat ailing animals, apply preventive measures, exercise control over diseases and food, investigate, convey knowledge, address complicated veterinary problems, adapt skills and knowledge in independent activity and further learning.
Graduates are prepared for career activity in State Food and Veterinary Service system, employ private activity of animal treatment or they may enter post doctoralor residency studies.
Students can use Erasmus and Nordplus mobility programs for studies abroad, also, use Erasmus for practical trainings at foreign universities or clinics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Studies and Information Technology
- Information technologies
- Introduction to Studies
- Analitical Chemistry
- Cell Biology
- Latin language
- Applied Biology and Laboratory Animals
- Applied Botany
- Applied Zoology and Laboratory Animals
- Histology and Embryology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International students could be admitted into the English programme of the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences if they provide the legalized high school or college certificate and transcript (officially translated into English) and meet the Entrance Exam requirements (see Entrance Exam).
- Good grades in biology, chemistry and physics will give preference. Good knowledge of the English language is obligatory (see below the list of 'Items to be submitted').
International8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Kaunas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.