About Ethnomusicology at University of LimerickThe program supports both continued research and teaching at tertiary and secondary education levels, as well as having application in a variety of other institutional settings.
The degree course offered by University of Limerick is designed to meet the continuing education needs of graduates in music and in cognate and closely related disciplines. The course is also designed to cater to the occupational and vocational needs of the following professions: university and college lecturers in ethnomusicology, secondary teachers of music, professional music performers, music archivists, music administrators, music educators, and media specialists.
- Fieldwork Techniques
- Media Technologies for Performing Arts & Art Research
- Ritual Studies
- History of Ethnomusicology
- Music Ethnography
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
EU Applicants: Early application is advisable.
DisciplinesEthnic Studies Musicology View 9 other Masters in Ethnic Studies in Ireland
- A primary degree in a suitable discipline (e.g. Anthropology, Music, Cultural Studies and Folklore)
- Qualification transcripts and/or certificates (including certified English translations if applicable)
- English language qualification(s) (if English is not your first language)
- A one page supporting statement
- A copy of your birth certificate
- Applicants whose first language is not English must provide evidence of either prior successful completion of a degree qualification
International15800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15800 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6200 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Limerick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.