About Financial Services at University of Limerick
In particular, the MSc curriculum has been designed to facilitate subsequent professional accreditation within the international Financial Services industry, thereby underpinning both the long-term value and the international portability of the MSc as a postgraduate qualification.
- To prepare students for high-level professional positions in the Financial Services industry
- To provide an opportunity for students to engage in significant and appropriate research
- To provide a source of highly skilled graduates to help underpin the growth of the Financial Services industry in Ireland
Areas where graduates can expect to find employment include: Investment Banking, Corporate Banking, Private Banking, Fund Management, Debt and Equity Capital Markets, Treasury and Foreign Exchange, Investment Consulting, Risk Management, Compliance, Quantitative Financial Analysis, Sales, Trading and Research. The Dissertation element of the programme allows students to specialise in their particular area of interest.
- Financial Analysis and Governance
- Professional Development
- Global Finance and Capital Markets
- Trading Floor Certification
- Derivative Markets
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
EU Applicants: Early application is advisable.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance International Business View 40 other Masters in Economics in Ireland
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Limerick and/or in Ireland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants will possess a minimum 2:2 honours primary degree in a relevant discipline (for example, business, finance, economics, social science and mathematics).
- However, students from cognate backgrounds are also encouraged to apply. An interview may form part of the application process. Applicants who cannot satisfy the minimum 2:2 honors primary degree requirement may be accepted on the basis of relevant professional experience.
- Qualification transcripts and certificates
- A copy of your birth certificate/passport
- If your qualifications have been obtained in a country where English is an official language this will suffice
- English translation of your qualification(s)/transcripts
- English language competency certificate
International17500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17500 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA9500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9500 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Limerick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.