The only programme of its kind in the UK, the Energy Demand Studies programme of University College London Energy Institute offers students grounding in the skills and knowledge needed to carry out research into energy demand reduction in the built environment.
About the programme
The programme has 3 strands:
- technical modules (topics include thermodynamics, building physics, behaviour, energy systems, modelling, policy and economics)
- transferable skills (e.g. writing, presenting, communicating with the public)
Why choose The Bartlett?We offer:
- a leading centre for research into energy demand and the built environment
- the opportunity to learn from experienced and respected researchers and to undertake original research
- a multidisciplinary approach that helps students develop into more complete individual researchers and effectively integrate into research teams
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Energy Demand in Context
- Energy Theory, Measurement and Interpretation
- Energy Society, Economics and Policy
- Research Concepts
- Communication Skills
- Guided Research Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy View 102 other Masters in Sustainable Energy in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Normally a minimum of an upper second-class UK Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (economics, economics-plus, a science or engineering subject) or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard is required. A non-quantitative degree may, however, be considered provided that some aptitude, e.g. at A level, has been demonstrated for quantitative analysis. These requirements may be relaxed for mature students who can demonstrate aptitude and experience, for example, in business or government.
- If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
International26890 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26890 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA14730 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14730 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.