Tourism has grown to become a global economic industry. Managing international tourism means understanding its diversity and requires a frequent change of perspectives between the various stakeholders involved in tourism: different types of tourists, tourism businesses, the local community, tourism employees, governments, NGOs, activist groups, and tourism industry associations – to name a few.
The International Tourism industry needs skilled and creative managers who…
- understand how to tackle sustainability challenges of tourism impacts on societies
- master various ways of critical thinking needed for solving complex problems
- change quickly between perspectives of tourists, residents, and service providers
…to create a sustainable future of travel and tourism.
Would you like to master…
- communication and business skills specifically applied to the international tourism industry?
- cutting-edge tools to successfully interact in an ever more digital tourism environment?
- the intercultural sensitivity needed for a high-level career in the globalized tourism market?
Graduating from the International Tourism at Università della Svizzera Italiana (USI) gives you…
- a strong foundation in communication, economics, and management skills specifically applied to the international tourism industry: new media for tourism communication, intercultural communication, tourism economics, economics of transport and mobility, event management, aviation management
- an in-depth understanding of various tourism experiences: from the cultural history of tourism, to the analysis of today’s tourism consumer behavior, and future sustainable tourism planning and development of places and UNESCO World Heritage Sites; from its design and packaging, to digital marketing and service management of tourism experiences
- the cutting-edge tools to effectively interact in an ever-increasing international and digital business environment of tourism: project management, negotiation, e-tourism technology, online communication design, usability and digital analytics, augmented and virtual reality
Preparing you to work in various functions within tourism businesses:
- Destination Management & Marketing organizations
- Transportation & Accommodation companies
- Event Management & Conferences
- (Online) Tour Operators
- Corporate Travel Management
- Tourism Research & Consultancy
- Governments, NGOs & Tourism Industry Associations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Consumer Behaviour in Tourism
- Cultural History of Tourism
- E-Tourism Technology Lab
- Event Management
- Intercultural Communication
- International Relations and Tourism
- Management of Small and Medium Enterprises
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesInternational Relations Tourism & Leisure View 25 other Masters in Tourism & Leisure in Switzerland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The formal requirement for admission to the USI Master in International Tourism is a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Management, Communication Sciences, Marketing, International Relations, Political Science, Public Administration, Transportation Science, Geography, Environmental Science, History, Law, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Languages and Literature, Tourism, and other related fields, granted by a recognised university.
- To guarantee the optimal ratio between learners and the USI Master in International Tourism faculty, the places offered are limited. Therefore, selection can be effected on the basis of academic results. Admissions will be treated on a case by case basis.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7554 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3777 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National3776 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1888 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- National: CHF 2000
- International: CHF 4000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.