About the programme
The Environmental Management and Sustainability Science programme of Aalborg University, Denmark, is directed at science and engineering students who are interested in topics related to sustainability and environmental management. The programme is designed to meet these new challenges, by integrating inputs from the social and human sciences into the study of planning and engineering. The focus is on how firms, governments, and other organisations can support sustainable development in an economically efficient and socially acceptable manner.
The aim of the programme is to provide you with an understanding of the leading theories and practical experiences within environmental management and sustainability. The programme enables you to define and solve environmentally related problems in the business world as well as in public organisations and the broader society.
You will work with questions like:
- What can you do to reduce the environmental strains of electronic products?
- How can you, in an enterprise, use environmental management to reduce environmental and climatic strains?
- How can we secure a sustainable development in an interplay with public authorities?
- How can technology changes be carried through so that we secure a sustainable development?
- Theories of Science and Research Designs
- Sustainable Consumption and Production
- Sustainable Products and Services
- The Socio-Technical Context of Planning
- Natural Resource Management
- Sustainability Assessment and Societal Decision Processes
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development Sustainable Energy Environmental Management View 6 other Masters in Environmental Management in Denmark
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor of science degree in engineering, geography or natural sciences.
- Diploma/Diploma Supplement (If you have not yet completed your Bachelor’s degree). The document must be signed and stamped by your home university.
- Bachelor’s degrees transcripts showing all grades and courses
- English test or an official receipt confirming that you have registered for a test
- Letter of motivation
- CV / Resume
- Official curriculum/syllabus for your Bachelor’s studies or another official description of your Bachelor’s degree in English
- Reference letters (optional)
- Receipt for paid application fee (only applies to non-EU citizens)
- Danish residence permit card and letter (only applies to non-EU citizens)
- Official description of the grading system from your home university
International13656 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6828 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- 50,775 DKK per semester
Living costs for Aalborg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.